In 2013 an independent documentary began making its way through various film festivals. It was received with harsh criticism, outrage and even death threats by various groups, each of which was repulsed by the subject matter and the way it was presented. The name of this film was Are All Men Pedophiles? and once we heard about it we knew we had to speak to the creator of the film Jan-Willem Breure.
Early on though we figured we’d need some serious help telling this story properly and responsibly, so we solicited the expertise of Dr. Michelle Elliott, founder of the UK non-profit Kidscape, who has been in the business of protecting children for over 25 years. We also contacted clinical psychologist and research scientist Dr. James Cantor, for his controversial and fascinating research on the mind of a pedophile (or peadophile). The combination of all of these ideas and points of view makes for an amazingly honest insight into a topic most would be happy to shy away from.
- Are All Men Pedophiles?
- Jan-Willem Breure’s website
- Buzzfeed article on Are All Men Pedophiles?
- Family – Child Abuse with Michelle Elliott Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6
- Mysteries of the Mind: The Pedophile’s Brain (with Dr. James Cantor)
- James Cantor’s Profile
- James Cantor’s Sexology Today Blog