When Rodney Reed turned himself in to Bastrop Police, on what he though was a gun charge, little did he know he would be spending the next 17 years on Death Row for a crime he did not commit. However, that seems to be exactly what happened. He was charged, convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of Stacey Stites who he was having an affair with at the time. Unfortunately for Rodney, Stites was engaged to a Bastrop police officer named Jimmy Fennel who allegedly didn’t take to kindly to his future wife sleeping with a black man.
While Reed rotted away in a Texas jail cell, Jimmy Fennel and other cops who were allegedly involved in the coverup went on with their lives. Until an event in 2007, washing over Fennell like a Karmic wave, exposed the truth behind his real character. Despite this, appeal after appeal has failed and Rodney Reed’s fate now lies in the hands of a few powerful people and listeners like you who have the power to change the course of events by standing up and demanding true justice.
- Reed Family GoFundMe
- Cousin of Stacey Stites believes Rodney Reed is innocent
- Extended Interview with Rodney Reed
- Woman Raped by Texas Cop Believes Wrong Man on Death Row
- Is Texas getting ready to murder an innocent man
- Breaking the Chain – Troubling Questions about evidence in Bastrop County murder case
- Habeas Corpus
- The State’s Case
- Habeas Corpus Denied
- David Board Arrested
- Free Rodney Reed Protest
- Rodney Reed’s execution stayed by Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Bastrop County: Affidavit sheds new light in Rodney Reed appeal