There’s something about the perceived safety of an automobile’s cab that makes many of us feel like we are impervious to danger, yet danger is all around us. In this episode, we examine two cases which seemingly began with a road rage incident and ended with murder.
In the first case Robert Doyle shoots and kills Candelerio Gonzalez in front of his own home and then holds the victim’s family at gunpoint. Case number two is the death of Tammy Myers at the hands of 19-year-old Erich Nowsche, a young man who seems to have lost his way. Ironically, the victim in this case was trying to help Nowsche before the incident.
These cases vastly differ and deal with issues such self-defense, child abuse and drug use. Also, CNN Legal Analyst Danny Cevallos joins us to walk us through some of the legal intricacies of the castle doctrine and stand-your-ground themes which hovers over both of these cases.
- CNN Legal Analyst Danny Cevallos
- Florida Man Killed In Front Of Family After Road Rage
- 911 calls reveal road rage details
- Citrus County 911 recordings capture two sides of deadly road rage incident
- Be careful what you say to 911
- Man shot, killed in front of family after road rage incident
- What is Florida’s ‘Stand Your Ground’ law?
- Wives In Lethal Florida Road Rage Case Could End Up Offering Evidence Against Their Respective Husbands
- Interrogation with Erich Nowsch (video)
- Erich Nowsch pleads not guilty, trial date set
- News Conference
- Family of Tammy Meyers holds press conference about arrest
- “I didn’t mean to hit no mom”
- Judge makes decision in Erich Nowsch hearing
- Neighbors, police hold faith-based peace walk where Tammy Meyers was killed
- Nowsch says he was high when he confessed to Tammy Meyers killing
- Grand jury testimony details gunfight, shooting of Tammy Meyers
- Grand Jury Testimony
- Police Report
- Tammy Meyers, beloved wife and mother – Family remembers
- More Speculative Reporting
- Friend of road rage suspect says they hung out day after shooting
- Suspect in Las Vegas road rage killing knew victim
- Man held in slaying of Tammy Meyers has trial set for knife case
- Erich Nowsch now facing new child abuse charges
- Websleuths Thread
- Book aims to set record straight in Tammy Meyers’ slaying