It’s one thing to kill someone, it’s quite another to publish your handiwork on social media for all your friends and family to see like some sort of macabre trophy. That’s exactly what Facebook Killer Derek Medina did after killing his wife Jennifer Alfonso in the kitchen of their Miami condominium, while her 10-year-old daughter cowered upstairs under a red blanket. After shooting the unarmed woman eight times, in his words “emptying the clip”, he went back upstairs and got dressed before taking a picture of the body, posting it on Facebook, and leaving the residence with the 10-year-old girl still upstairs. Horrified friends and family could do nothing but wait for news of what had transpired, meanwhile the picture of Jennifer’s corpse remained posted on Facebook for hours before it was finally taken down.
In this two-part story we will cover the trial of this cold-blooded killer with special guest Cathy Russon from courtchatter.com, and get to know the man behind this horror show.
- Cathy Ruson’s CourtChatter.com
- Derek Medina “Facebook Murder” Trial
- Derek Medina Posts Photo Of Wife’s Body, Murder Confession To Facebook
- Victim’s friend comment
- Neighbor comments
- Another neighbor
- Neighbors say he was paranoid
- Medina Turns Himself in and Confesses
- Before the Facebook slaying: a lifetime of being ignored