Alternative rock superstar, host of the reality TV-show Ink Master, actor and recent filmmaker Dave Navarro joins us to talk about his film “Mourning Son” which details the events leading up to and surrounding his mother’s brutal murder when he was just 15 years old.
We’re also joined by Cameka Crawford, Chief Communications Officer at the National Domestic Violence Hotline and steering committee member for NOMORE.org, to talk about this epidemic which affects an alarming number of people.
To highlight the point of domestic violence’s stranglehold despite our modern society, we feature a story from Traverse City, Michigan. This is the story of Sandra Rode’s death at the hands of her husband Michael. The details of which are too horrifying to even describe.
- The People vs. John Alexander Riccardi
- Appellate Brief
- The Sad Story About Dave Navarro’s Mother’s Murder
- Life sentence upheld for the killer of Dave Navarro’s mother
- Navarro visits his buddy John Walsh
- Convicted killer serving a life sentence for shooting dead guitarist Dave Navarro’s mother and her friend in 1983 is denied appeal
- Michael Rode 911 Call
- ‘Ma’am, I just killed my wife,’ man tells 911 dispatcher
- Attorney to mount insanity defense for Rode
- Rode incompetent to stand trial
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Giorgio Oehlers – First Light
- Aaron Martin – Sea Wasp
- Dag Rosenqvist – Music in three movements for when the world falls apart preview
- Dead Neanderthals – Endless Voids (Excerpt)
- Kelly – Wyse – Für Alina (with Rafael Anton Irisarri)
- Aaron Martin – Sitting in a Roofless Room (From the Mouth of the Sun)
- suicideyear – FOREVER ON 1 (ON TOUR IN EUROPE)
- Beats Antique – Tabla Toy