Sword and Scale isn’t just a podcast. We also have a website (swordandscale.com) where we post daily stories of dark deeds done by the most evil and devious amongst us. To highlight this point, we’ve chosen two stories that we’ve previously covered in articles on our website. The first is extremely fascinating, the second is extremely violent.
Harvey’s Wagon Wheel Casino was a popular destination for tourists in the Lake Tahoe area, until it was blown to bits by one of the most complex bombs ever built. We’re joined by Adam Higginbotham, author of 1,000 Pounds of Dynamite to tell this amazing story.
Our second story is that of a girl from Japan named Junko Furuta, who endured 44 days of torture, before her death, at the hands of countless others who could have stopped what was happening at any time, but chose not to.
- The Zero-Armed Bandit
- The Case of the Harvey’s Casino Bomb
- 35 years ago today: The bomb that shook Lake Tahoe
- A Thousand Pounds of Dynamite
- Wikipedia Page
- Harvey’s Casino Bombing Video
- Disguised Bomb Blows Apart Harvey’s Video
- 1980 Harvey’s Casino Bombing — FBI video
- 44 Days Of Hell
- Junko Furuta Wikipedia
- Japanese Horror Story