When a 14 year old boy named Philip Chism goes missing in the middle of a school day, his mother thinks the worst and calls 911. Little does she know, that her son isn’t the only missing person from Danvers High School that day. A 24-year-old math teacher is missing also. She is Phillip’s teacher which raises some immediate questions, but after finally solving a mishap with the school’s 140-camera security system, police are able to come up with a theory as to what happened that day. Another big clue, of course, is the body in the woods.
Colleen E. Ritzer was a 24-year-old math teacher at Danvers High School. She had a warm smile and love of teaching. Some of her friends would later say that she was “born to do this job.” However, no one could have imaged the darkness that would shroud the school on that particular day, and when all is said and done we are all left with the nagging question of “why?”
ADT – For 24/7 monitoring and peace of mind, check out ADT …the security leader for 140 years.
Blue Apron – Get 3 meals free on your first order when you visit them here:
Casper – Get $50 off any mattress when you visit them here:
Been Verified – Get a 5-day trial for just $1 when you visit them here:
Stamps.com – Get a free 4-week trial including postage and a digital scale when you use code MONSTERS
Bose – Listen to this podcast the way it was meant to be heard and get free shipping. Bose… Get Closer
ZipRecruiter – post your job to 200 plus job sites, including social media networks like Facebook and Twitter – all with a single click.
TuneIn – Listen to the new Wondery show Locked Up Abroad exclusively on TuneIn
Jet.com – Use promo code ‘MONSTERS’ for $10 off your first three purchases of $35 or more.
- Colleen E. Ritzer Facebook Page
- Colleen E. Ritzer Scholarship Fund
- Timeline Provides Details for a Grisly Crime Against a Teacher
- Community heartbroken by young teacher’s death
- Documents: Danvers teacher’s throat cut, note left
- Chism ‘faking’ odd behavior, prosecutor says
- Chilling interview with alleged teen killer, rapist, told cops ‘I became the teacher’ after cold-blooded murder
- Friend: ‘She knew she wanted to be a teacher’
- Danvers homicide: 14-year-old charged in second US teacher killing this week
- Massachusetts Teen Charged as Adult in Stabbing Death of Danvers Teacher
- Docs: Teen ‘admitted murdering’ Danvers teacher
- Mass. teen accused of killing teacher found guilty
- Jury finds Philip Chism guilty of first-degree murder
- Defense admits teen killed teacher, cites mental illness
- Students honor slain teacher as classes resume
- Students return to class after Danvers teacher killed