If you had to choose a method of execution for yourself, which would you choose? What if you learned that what is considered the most “humane” method of execution is probably the most painful? We discuss the controversy behind lethal injections, and why just about any other method may be a better option. Convicted murderer Dennis McGuire found out about this the hard way, and his botched execution left onlookers stunned and horrified.
We also hear a bizarre murder confession caught on tape by a news crew that ends up becoming part of the story. It’s clear that schizophrenia is a major problem that even the neighbors know about, but help for people like this is still somehow inaccessible until they end up hurting others. And if those stories don’t wet your appetite, we’ll also tell you about the last meals of convicted murderers, including some of the strangest requests ever made. All that, plus Part 2 of the Curtis Reeves bail hearing where we hear from the alleged killer himself. You’ll want to hear this one.
- The Science of Killing Human Beings – BBC Documentary
- Mario Marquez
- Ohio’s New Execution Method
- Explanation of Lethal Injection
- Virginia’s New Lethal Injection Cocktail
- Dennis McGuire’s Botched Execution
- Woman Confesses to Murder on Camera
- Craziest Last Meal Requests
- Last Meal Creepy Voice Audio