What could be more horrifying, terrible, and heart-breaking than a mother intentionally taking the life of her own child. The fact that there’s even a word in the English language that describes it it shocking in itself. The word is filicide and, even though you may have never heard of it, there are too many cases to cover in just one episode of Sword and Scale. We barely scratch the surface in this episode of some of the most horrifying cases of mommies killing their babies.
Episode 23 covers some of the more famous cases like Andrea Yates and Casey Anthony, as well as the deplorable recent case of Megan Huntsman and her garage of nightmares. We also touch on more recent cases that will literally turn your stomach, such as Microwave Mom China Arnold and the attempted murder suicides of Elaine Campione and Julia Murray, each of which failed their intended outcome for entirely different reasons.
Warning: these cases are highly disturbing. You won’t be able to get these stories out of your head. So if you are sensitive to the brutal truth of true crime, then you may want to skip this one.
- The Andrea Yates Story
- Andrea Yates Drowns Children
- Andrea Yates Insanity Verdict
- Yates Confesses Killing Her Children
- Where is Andrea Yates Now?
- Questions surround case of Utah mom accused of killing babies
- Megan Huntsman Court Appearance
- 6 Infants, 10 Years
- The China Arnold Story – HellBeasts
- China Arnold Sentenced
- China Arnold Verdict
- Arnold Conviction Overturned
- Elaine Campione Interrogation Video
- Elaine Campione & Her Children
- Julia Murray’s Murder-Suicide
- Casey Anthony Case Verdict
- Caylee Anthony Singing With Family