Cara Marie Holley from Roanoke Virginia was just 18 years old when she went missing from her home on July 7, 2010. Two days later her body was found in shallow grave several miles away. The killer was arrested almost immediately because he was using her credit card and driving her car around the very town where he killed her.
The worst part of this story is that Cara knew her killer Carey Shane Padgett. They went to high school together and were friends, but there was something very wrong with Padgett. It seems he was interested in killing someone for the sole purpose of becoming famous. A volley of experts would be dispatched in court to try and explain away what he did, but sometimes there just is no acceptable explanation for the evil of man.
We speak to both Cara’s friend and schoolmate Victoria Johnson, and her mother Lisa Cowling, to attempt to tell this heartbreaking story of insurmountable loss, heartbreak and suffering.
- Facebook Community – R.I.P Cara Marie Holley
- Police search two cars in Cara Holley murder case
- Interview with Lisa Cowling
- Cara Marie Holley
- CNCPunishment.com Thread
- Suspect in Roanoke teen’s death arraigned on capital charges; death penalty possible
- Police: Murder suspect confesses
- Missing Roanoke Teen Found Murdered, Suspect in Custody
- Man guilty in 2010 killing
- Padgett avoids death penalty, sentenced to five life terms
- Padgett’s mother testifies about family life
- Sentencing begins in Roanoke County capital murder case
- Murderer gouged out eye of girl before beating her to death and taking PICTURES of body