The border town of Brownsville, Texas is one of the poorest places in the continental United States. Wracked by crime in the form of drug-use and prostitution, this small town, in the middle of nowhere, is also the home of many historical structures. One such structure was located on 805 E. Tyler Street, and it housed a horrific triple-murder which changed the community of Brownsville forever.
We are joined this week by Laura Tillman, author of the book The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts: Murder and Memory in an American City. Guest actors on this episode also include comedian Owen Benjamin and his wife Amy.
This episode was brought to you by Blue Apron. Get three delicious free meals with free delivery today by visiting BlueApron.com/Monsters.
- The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts – Simon and Schuster
- Neighbors Speak Out
- House of Shame Pt 2. – The Fate of the Rubio Murder House
- Texas Man Gets Death Penalty for Beheading 3 Kids Under the Age of Four
- Prosecutor Comments
- Rubio House to be demolished Monday morning
- Rubio House demolished in Brownsville
- A Brownsville Building with a Dark Past Comes Crumbling Down
- Convicted Killer Seeking a New Punishment Hearing